Finding your suitable readers for home theater amp 5.1 channel is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for home theater amp 5.1 channel including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
804 reviews analysed
1. Denon Avr 1312 Receiver Discontinued Manufacturer
Enhancing the home theater experience, the Denon AVR 1312 5.1 Home Theater Receiver blends quality performance and convenient features. Offering the latest inputs, this powerful receiver features advanced processing that brings out the best in your Blu ray/DVD players, game consoles, and other entertainment devices. The AVR 1312 supports high resolution audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD, for a dynamic surround sound listening experience. It also supports HDMI 1.4a, allowing you to get the most out of 3D content. Enhanced by convenient digital inputs, including a dock connectivity option for iPod and iPhone, the AVR 1312 serves as a quality foundation for your home theater system.Inputs: HDMI 1.4a x 4, S Video x 1, Composite video x 3, Analog audio (1 front) x 4, Stereo mini input (for portable) x 1, Digital optical audio x 1, Digital coaxial audio x 1. Outputs: HDMI 1.4a monitor x 1, Composite video monitor x 1, Audio preout (surround back L/R, SW) x 2, Phones x 1. Other Ports : iPod dock control port x 1 (optional dock ASD 11R), FM tuner antenna x 1 and AM tuner antenna x 1.
From the Manufacturer
Enhancing the home theater experience, the Denon AVR-1312 5.1 Home Theater Receiver blends quality performance and convenient features. Offering the latest inputs, this powerful receiver features advanced processing that brings out the best in your Blu-ray/DVD players, game consoles, and other entertainment devices. The AVR-1312 supports high-resolution audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, for a dynamic surround-sound listening experience. It also supports HDMI v1.4a, allowing you to get the most out of 3D content. Enhanced by convenient digital inputs, including a dock connectivity option for iPod and iPhone, the AVR-1312 serves as a quality foundation for your home theater system.
Equal power amplifier design offers true reproduction of original sound. View larger.
Features four 1.4a HDMI ports for vibrant 3D visuals. View larger.
Quick Selection buttons let you select video and music sources effortlessly. View larger.
Premium Audio Technologies for Superb Surround Sound
Fully compatible with current HD audio formats, the Denon AVR-1312 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver provides powerful, theater-quality surround sound. It ensures maximum audio performance with multiple technologies:
Full HD Support
With four HDMI inputs, the AVR-1312 allows you to route multiple high-definition devices–like game consoles and Blu-ray players–to your TV. It also allows you to connect all of your devices to your TV with a single HDMI cable, reducing cable clutter.
Vivid 3D Visuals with HDMI v1.4a
The AVR-1312 comes equipped with HDMI v1.4a, allowing you to make the most of several premium video features:
Stereo Mini Jack and iPod Connectivity
With the front-side stereo mini jack, the AVR-1312 supports audio playback from any portable audio player. This receiver can also be used with the Denon Networked Control Dock (sold separately) for network streaming or docking your iPod/iPhone. A compressed audio restorer guarantees that standard MP3 playback is crisp and clear.
GUI Overlay and Remote Control for Simple Operation
With its intuitive button layout, the AVR-1312 is designed for ease of use. The front panel is smartly organized, featuring clearly labeled buttons and onboard controls for volume and source. In addition, its on-screen display provides quick information about your system’s settings.
The AVR-1312’s simple remote control is easy to use, giving you more flexibility in controlling your home theater.
Product and Warranty Information
The receiver measures 6-3/8 by 17-1/8 by 15-3/64 inches (H x W x D), and weighs 19 pounds.
The Denon AVR-1312 5.1 Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver is backed by a two-year warranty.
What’s in the Box
AVR-1312 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver, remote control, AA batteries, AM loop antenna, FM indoor antenna, and owner’s manual.
*75 watts per channel (20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms, .08% THD), 110 watts per channel (1kHz, 6 ohms)
2. 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier
- BLUETOOTH-COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped w/ bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers with hassle-free receiver pairing
- 7 INPUTS: The personal portable digital amp box supports iPod or MP3, USB, micro SD, AUX playback, built-in FM radio with digital LCD display, audio input and REC, plus subwoofer output RCA (L/R) connectors, 2 ¼” microphone inputs with echo
- TALK-OVER BUTTON: The compact speaker amplifier features a MIC talk-over function which when activated, the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, voice-over, and announcements
- 500 WATT POWER: The Pyle 4 Channel Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier is perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment. It gives you 500W peak power which can be used for multi speakers w/ 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high-quality audio
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. A remote control is also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
If you are the sort of a person who doesn’t compromise on quality and is ready to shell a little extra then 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier is your choice. They say you either buy a quality product once or buy cheap products every day, the cost comes to same.
The new 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier comes with best Price. It is industry’s most trusted, most preferred and quality Home Theater Amp 51 Channel and it considered as Gold Standard by many users as well as non-users.
If you are looking for a long-time investment with a quality Home Theater Amp 51 Channel then don’t look beyond 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier. The product is featured, highlighted and appreciated in Reviews of Home Theater Amp 51 Channel in 2020 and this has been backed by many users.
- So far very happy with this product.
- Very easy to connect to any device and the sound quality is great.
- The sound quality is very good , the bt doesn’t work that well when your far , the remote is decent.
- Once hooked up, the quality of the music was perfect and clear!
- The price was right and it performs well.
- The pyle pta44bt is a great product for the price.
- I’m currently pushing four 12in with tweeter and mid range for each no problems what so ever!
- All the features and performance of the high price units for a lot less.
- Love amp recommend to others easily operated
- It sounds is so good perfect for our food truck.
3. 4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier
- Bluetooth-compatible: the professional integrated AM FM stereo receiver for home is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including iPhone, smartphone, iPad, and computers W/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- E controls: the speaker sound receiver for home stereo has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, Rotary knob for equalization and Master volume adjustments W/ controls for mic, echo, treble, bass, volume, subwoofer controls
- 3000 watt power: the PYLE 4 Channel Bluetooth home stereo receiver preamplifier is perfect for your Karaoke and home entertainment sound system. Gives you 3000W peak that powers up to 4 speakers W/ 4-8 ohm impedance let you enjoy high-quality audio
- 6 inputs: The speaker amplifier home audio box supports headphone, USB, MP3, AM/FM tuner, aux, front loading CD DVD player, 2 microphone inputs with an echo effect for Karaoke, 2 RCA Audio inputs, RCA output for a subwoofer, and optical Audio output
- Display meter: The PYLE Bluetooth stereo amplifier Receiver preamp has a front panel control center W/ digital LCD display which shows all the functions and input used. Remote control is also included in the package for distant Audio adjustments
Going ahead with our list, we have something very specific to a specific audience. Yes, 4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier has a very selective audience with specific taste. It satisfies customer expectations (Given that your expectations don’t cross a limit) and it adds value for money but more importantly, it adds a style to the user which can be your fashion statement.
4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier is definitely the must-buy for those who need a little of both quality and price efficiency and as per our analysis, 4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier easily gets the award of Best Home Theater Amp 51 Channel Under 100$.
4. Wireless Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The small personal integrated indoor stereo receiver is equipped with Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers w/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- EQ CONTROLS: This multi purpose 5-channel compact home theater digital stereo receiver box features crisp buttons and rotary knob controls for audio adjustment. Includes 12V adapter and remote control for easy distant audio adjustments
- 100 WATT POWER: The Pyle 5 Channel HiFi Audio Amplifier w/ 100W peak power gives your entertainment system a boost! Offers low distortion w/ acoustically accurate audio reproduction allowing you to enjoy crisp and high quality amplified audio
- 4 INPUTS: The professional Hi-Fi amp supports various external devices. Features RCA subwoofer output, AUX RCA L/R audio inputs, HDMI output + 2 HDMI inputs, FM radio antenna input, 5 sets of spring loaded speaker terminal connectors
- FRONT CONTROL PANEL: The compact amplifier which features full range stereo sound reproduction has a built-in LCD display w/ crisp buttons for the functions such as standby , tuner (-/+), surround, mute, input and a rotary control knob for the volume
Pyle Model : PFA540BT
Compact 5-Ch. Bluetooth Amplifier
Compact 5-Channel Bluetooth Amplifier, Hi-Fi Amp Receiver with HDMI, LCD Display, FM Radio
The Pyle Compact 5-Channel Bluetooth Amplifier, Hi-Fi Amp Receiver with HDMI, LCD Display, FM Radio – 5-Channel Powered Amp Design – Lightweight & Compact Size – Bluetooth Wireless Music Streaming Receiver – Hassle-Free Connection with Automatic Pairing Ability – FM Radio with Digital LCD Display – Front Panel Button Control Center – HDMI Output + (2) HDMI Inputs – Aux RCA (L/R) Audio Input Jacks – Spring Loaded Speaker Terminal Connectors – Full Range Stereo Sound Reproduction – RCA Subwoofer Output – Includes Remote Control – Bluetooth Connectivity: – Built-in Wireless Music Streaming Receiver – Compatible with All of Your Favorite Bluetooth Devices – (iPhone, Androids, Smartphones, iPad, Tablets, etc.).
- We are thoroughly pleased and impressed with the sound quality.
- A very compact and cost efficient product.
- Good product, the manual for set up sound is not so clear instructions.
- Works good doesn’t work for my xbox one s for 4k.
- Love it, will try other new this product
- You have to be careful with the remote when you press the preset not to hold it over 2 sec.
- It far surpasses more expensive competitors units.
- Like the fm is weak it may needa roof antenna to get some distant stations .
- Great price great quality and sound
- This is a great little amp. It does everything it’s designed to do well. I’d have liked an optical input but that wouldn’t co… Read More
- Sounds great with my 4 ceiling speakers with xbox audio and fm. Small and compact and easy setup.
5. Marantz Nr1200 2 Channel Bluetooth Automation
- FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH LATEST HDMI CONNECTIVITY – 60Hz video, 4:4:4 pure color sub sampling, BT.2020, HDR10, HLG, ARC & 3D delivers an IMPACTFUL HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE on your 4K Ultra HD TV with EXCEPTIONAL PICTURE QUALITY & A THRILLING SURROUND SOUND
- MULTI ROOM AUDIO TECHNOLOGY WITH HEOS BUILT IN Play the same song in every room, or a different one in each room. Connect all your HEOS speakers to the app and get full control everywhere in your home
- POWER TO SUIT YOUR AUDIO PREFERENCES – The high current discrete power amplifier with separate L/R Power Amp circuit and power transformer. With 75W of power per channel, enjoy your high resolution musical collection with refined Marantz sound
- EASY TO UNDERSTAND & USER FRIENDLY SETUP ASSISTANT comes with a GRAPHICAL ON SCREEN DIRECTIONS that guides you through the step by step process and connects all your audio sources to the stereo amplifier receiver
- A MODERN, SLIM STEREO RECEIVER – Indulge in high resolution sonic perfection with the Marantz NR1200 network receiver the consummate choice for Hi Fi and television connection. It delivers superior audio quality and higher power to your choice of loudspeakers and greater connectivity
- HANDS FREE OPERATIONS – Command your favorite voice control agent – Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri to STREAM UNLIMITED MUSIC using popular services like Spotify, TuneIn, Netflix and more via Built in HEOS, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or Wi Fi
- THE MOST MUSICAL SOUND – Extensively tuned by Marantz sound masters at the most state of the art facilities to deliver an exquisite sonic signature. Envelope yourself with the most musical sound, from any source
If you are buying a Home Theater Amp 51 Channel for the first time, then you should have Marantz Nr1200 2 Channel Bluetooth Automation. It has fewer features when you make Home Theater Amp 51 Channel comparisons of Marantz Nr1200 2 Channel Bluetooth Automation with any other Home Theater Amp 51 Channel but what it has is ease of use and best in class service. Go ahead and Grab a Home Theater Amp 51 Channel, grab any Home Theater Amp 51 Channel but if you are first time user and want a good experience do not look anywhere other than Marantz Nr1200 2 Channel Bluetooth Automation
6. Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth
- In the box: Remote (RMT-AA401U), Batteries, FM antenna, Calibration mic (mono)
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Audio Return Channel
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound, Dolby TrueHD and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs
- 4K HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
- FM Radio with 30-station presets: Full-size (1/4″) headphone jack. 4 Stereo RCA audio inputs, 2 digital audio outputs (1 optical and 1 coaxial)
- Low-profile design (5 ¼” tall) fits easily into conventional AV cabinet
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- 5.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth is a relatively new and late entrant in the market but surprisingly has surpassed beyond Marantz NR1200 AV Receiver (2019 Model) | 2-Channel Home Theater Amp | Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Heos + Alexa | Immersive Movies, Music &Amp; Gaming | Auto Low Latency Mode For Xbox One | Smart Home Automation which have been in market longer than anyone. Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth brings you the best of the quality in the lowest possible cost. The Best feature of Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth is what has kept in the market.
It certainly makes appearance in Reviews of Home Theater Amp 51 Channel in 2020 owing to its price penetration strategy in the market. If you own a Home Theater Amp 51 Channel and it could be any of the high value Home Theater Amp 51 Channel, chances are that would be much costlier than Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth. Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth will have more than 50% of all its features.
- I have had it operational for 2 months now and am still very pleased with the purchase.
- This was added to my sony bravia tv, it has great sound and runs cool but for some unknown (and well documented) reason it turn… Read More
- Expect the quality to be equal to the price the item.
- Other than that i am perfectly happy with the quality, performance and price of this receiver.
- My grandson is as happy as a pig in the wallo.
- I just purchased this sony receiver, along with sony’s recommended 145 watt speakers (center, front, and rear) and 10active sub.
- It’s a decent reciever for the price.
- It’s a sony so a reliable name brand.
- replaced old Sony tuner amp that was giving me problems.
- For the first few months, I was becoming dissatisfied with the Sony receiver. I hooked it up as follows: Sat Receiver (Dish),… Read More
7. 5 2 Channel Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier
- Bluetooth-compatible: the professional integrated high powered stereo receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smart phones, iPhone, iPad and computers with hassle-free receiver pairing
- Digital LCD display: The home theater surround sound receiver System has a built-in LCD display and AM/FM radio. Features front panel control center and integrated over current, short circuit and over voltage protection. Includes remote control
- Eq controls: the home amplifier with Bluetooth has 2 ¼” mic inputs with independent input source selection. Equipped w/ next Gen Audio DSP sound processing technology and controls for echo, bass, treble, microphone and volume adjustments
- 4K UHD TV support: the AV digital amp box is equipped w/ 4K Ultra HD TV, 3D and Blu-ray video pass-through support W/ dedicated RCA subwoofer output. Connect and stream Audio/video from external devices via USB, RCA, 3 HDMI, optical/digital Audio
- 5. 2 Channel: the Pyle 5. 2 Channel hi-fi home theater receiver is perfect for your home entertainment system. Gives you 1000 watts peak power to be used for speakers and subwoofers W/ 4-16 ohms impedance, lets you enjoy high quality amplified audio
5 2 Channel Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier is another one which falls under Home Theater Amp 51 Channel for money. It is most regularly advertised product and we see ads of it almost everywhere. In the past, 5 2 Channel Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier ’s parent company decided to launch a new line of Home Theater Amp 51 Channel and that is what has revived them. 5 2 Channel Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier has really upgraded itself to the current style and market changes and the best part of 5 2 Channel Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier is amazing features.
8. Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision
- 4K HDR/Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based surround sound
- Advanced Auto Calibration technology (Adv. DCAC)
- 7.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- In the box: Receiver unit, Remote control, Size AAA Batteries for Remote control, FM wire antenna (aerial), Start-up guide, Operating Instructions
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound
Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision is present in top 10 since a long time. In terms of customer satisfaction and ease of use, Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision wins the users. Most of them who buy Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision once wont by anything else although it offers very limited features and specifications.
The only reason for brand loyalty is ease of use. This product had a special mention in Reviews of Home Theater Amp 51 Channel in 2020 for not expanding user base but definitely not loosing any. The shift of people from Home Theater Amp 51 Channel to any other Home Theater Amp 51 Channel is least.
- The sound quality is great as i have not upgraded in awhile so my knowledge of what out there is slim.
- Great buy for the money and quality product.
- Audio quality is excellent, and it even has analog stereo audio in for my now-ancient jvc vcr (yes, i still have tapes).
- Once i figured everything out, i am totally pleased with the excellent sound, i like the dts-neural settings.
- Very soft clear sound, and good price!
- Other than that, for the price, that’s nothing better.
- For the price (300-ish), this thing has just the right power and hookups i need, not sure why you’d wanna spend any more, unles… Read More
- Just remember these items take a pounding in shipping.
- One of the top reviews mentions no hdmi cec for the receiver, but it definitely does have it; i didn’t have to even configure a… Read More
- I actually thought the six dt speakers would hook up to the tv like a soundbar.
- I mated a new polk psw10 10 subwoofer to this sony, and the sound/volume of my system is now truly impressive.
- Upgrading from a sony 1000w htib and there’s just no competition.
- The user interface is a bit clunky (c’mon sony), but it works just fine once it’s set up.
- Timely Delivery & consideration of shippers.I truly appreciate you getting this receiver to my husband before the Super Bowl st… Read More
- Picked this up for my new home theater. I am running an Atmos 5.2.2 setup. Some other reviewers have indicated that it only run… Read More
9. Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming
- RELIABLE & DURABLE: The home theater receiver is made of heavy-duty metal and aluminum alloy panel to protect your gear for years to come. The package includes sturdy removable rack mount brackets for trustworthy and easy installation
- WHAT’S IN THE BOX: The audio receiver rack mount comes with everything you need to get started. This exclusive bundle from Pyle features our top of the line amplifier receiver, wireless remote control, detachable hardware rack mounts and FM antenna
- CONNECT TO EXTERNAL DEVICES: The rack mount home theater amp features USB flash and SD memory card readers, as well as a 3.5mm aux input jack and multi-source RCA audio input connectors
- WIRELESS STREAMING: The receiver rack mount features a premium built-in Bluetooth 2.1 wireless streaming receiver. Making the receiver compatible with all your favorite devices, like iPhone, Androids, tablets, etc. It has a wireless range of 30’ plus
- NOTE: Refer User Manual on Technical Specification before use
- HOME STEREO AMP: The rack mount home theater amp is a complete sound system. It acts like an FM radio with a digital LCD display with ID3 tag readout displaying each song title. Also features a 2.1 channel audio amp design. Wireless Range- 30’+ feet
Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming which falls into premium category but Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streamingis specifically targeted for mid-segment.
Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of Home Theater Amp 51 Channel available in the market today. Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best Home Theater Amp 51 Channel to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
- Nice sound quality for a very low tech amp.
- The blutooth works well past 40 feet even through walls with no disconnects or dropouts.
- Everything on it is super low quality but for the price you can’t give it a bad rating.
- This is not a high quality surround sound amplifier.
- Perfect sound quality was not top priority since the shop is frequently noisy.
- But i figured it out it works great, good range with the bluetooth.
- Great power and sound and a very good price.
- An all-around performer at an outstanding price.
- If you don’t plan on using the remote control much then it’s a good buy for the price.
- Slim design fits well and it sounds great with my klipsch surround speakers
- Needed a small receiver to pair with some yard sale speakers and subwoofer for the workshop. Perfect sound quality was not top … Read More
Music lovers always appreciate good sound quality, and an AV (audio/video) receiver provides you with a nonpareil experience. The market is inundated with gadgets every day, and it is not easy to buy one without doing a little homework. If you want to get the most out of your home entertainment system, an audio/video receiver (AVR) is a must. It is the focal point of a home theater system. You need an AVR for a multitude of tasks, ranging from supplying power to your speakers to enabling surround sound. Having a clear idea of the features that you should be looking for is the first step towards making a suitable choice. To make your research easier, we have devised a useful guide to help you buy the best AV receiver, after going through thousands of AV receiver reviews on the Internet.
The best AVRs can be classified on the basis of the number of audio inputs and output ports that they feature, the number of channels that they support, and the number of speakers they can power.
5.1 Channel–It is the basic model that support five speakers and one sub-woofer.
7.1 Channel–This model supports two additional speakers, making it a total of seven, and a sub-woofer for a richer sound.
7.2 Channel–This is one of the best AVRs, designed for larger rooms and higher configuration home theater systems. It supports an additional sub-woofer for a more even distribution of sound.
9.2 Channel– This is the latest AV receiver that supports up to nine speakers and two sub-woofers.
Warranty: Most users would recommend choosing a product with a reliable warranty. When you invest a substantial amount of money in an appliance, you would like to have the benefit of easy replacement of parts in the event of any manufacturing defects.
Ease of use: Using all the features to your best advantage is only possible if you understand them clearly. It is quite clear that most users prefer user-friendly interfaces that can be regulated with ease.
Stay away from cheap products: Most users would recommend that you should always opt for reliable brands that offer quality products and best after-sales services.
What to consider before buying an AV receiver
Today’s market is filled with many types of AV receivers and an equally high number of features—which can leave you perplexed as to which one to choose. We have put together a few factors for you to consider before you make a purchase:
Check the number of inputs: Opt for an AV receiver that comes with at least six input points. This, indeed, is the most important feature to be considered. Also, ensure there are a number of HDMI inputs, as most of the gadgets you use today are HDMI devices.
Do not go by the latest model: Decide on the model based on the features you would really need. With each new model, new features get added: Airplay streaming, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, etc.–the list goes on. However, wireless capabilities, streaming features, and a USB port can be considered necessary—don’t compromise on those features.
Decide on the stereo/surround option: Opt for stereo if the purpose of the AV receiver is to listen to quality music. An AV receiver with a surround mode is meant for home theater use. Although a stereotype receiver is old-fashioned, it is the ideal one if you plan to listen to music only. You can save a substantial sum of money by not buying the surround type–unless, of course, you feel you really want it.
Check the power: This determines the quality of sound transmitted by your receiver. A high-wattage receiver will provide better sound quality even at low and medium volumes. Keep in mind the size and sensitivity of your speakers while selecting an AVR. Also, you should consider the size and design of the room in which you are planning to set up your equipment before making a decision about the relevant amplification.Buy the receiver that is powerful enough for accommodating the connected speakers, as well as the room in which it is located. The larger the room, the more the power that is required. Also, with the “All channels driven” specification, you can be sure that sound will be amplified to all channels.
Check connectivity – The ideal AVR should have an adequate number of input and output ports to accommodate all your equipment, as well as some spare ports. The technology to look out for in this department is HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface), which gives you the best video and audio output. Your AVR should feature digital connections–you should also ensure that it has the correct inputs, keeping in mind the equipment you plan to connect to it.
Ensure adequate features– Typically, AVRs incorporate several features to regulate the quality of audio and video output. Multi-channel stereo, traditional surround sound and simulated environments such as jazz club and concert hall environments are the buzzwords in audio capability. Latest video capabilities include 3D streaming, multi-screen display, and video processing. Making a list of features that you require may narrow down your choices.
Latest fads: Bluetooth, Airplay, Song Pal and Wi-Fi are some of the features to look for. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your AVR with any kind of Bluetooth-enabled device for streaming audio and visual files. Airplay connectivity is limited to Apple products. SongPal is a Sony app that allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Wi-Fi is another useful feature that you would like to have to access your home Internet connection without the use of an external Ethernet cable.
Interface: The wide range of features would not be of any use if you cannot figure out the way to use them optimally. The best AVRs come with a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to understand and regulate.
Calibration: A number of AVRs now offer automatic calibration that checks and configures systems and settings on their own. This feature makes life easier, especially if your knowledge of audio-video systems is limited.
Pioneer, established in 1938 in Japan, is one of the leading manufacturers of the best quality musical equipment.
Yamaha is a Japanese company that has grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of a range of musical instruments, audio/visual products, and other related products.
Onkyo Corporation from Japan is known for their musical equipment and AVRs. Their advanced products are very popular with users.